Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest news and analyses on the future of money.
- Polkadot gains 75% in one week — But can DOT price reach $20 next?by Cointelegraph By Michaël van de Poppe on January 16, 2021 at 2:35 pm
The price of DOT is getting close to $20 but a pullback shouldn’t be ruled out after such a strong rally.
- Risk management in crypto: Aka ‘the art of not losing all your money’by Cointelegraph By Jay Hao on January 16, 2021 at 2:22 pm
To attract and retain the interest of institutional traders, we need advanced risk management tools that can maximize gains for investors.
- Peak fear? Bitcoin futures leverage gets reset by this week’s wild price swingsby Cointelegraph By Joseph Young on January 16, 2021 at 1:47 pm
Bitcoin futures leverage is dropping steeply, indicating that traders are fearful or uncertain about the BTC price trend.
- Bitcoin has become nothing but the new Che Guevara T-shirtby Cointelegraph By Cassio Gusson on January 16, 2021 at 11:07 am
Bitcoin promised to create a new normal in finance, but it turned out to be nothing but the old normal with a new face.
- China turns up pace on CBDC release, tests infrastructure prior to adoptionby Cointelegraph By Andrew Singer on January 16, 2021 at 7:47 am
The yuan is not seen as a major currency. Could digitizing it change that? China is breaking new ground in the Shenzhen region and beyond.
Bitcoin News Daily Bitcoin News
- Bahamas-Based Deltec Bank Holds a ‘Large’ Bitcoin Positionby Felipe Erazo on January 16, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Bahamas-based Deltec Bank & Trust said during a recent video review that it’s holding a “large position” in bitcoin. The information was given by their chief investment officer, Hugo Rogers. Deltec Executive Discusses Bitcoin Position According to the video uploaded to the bank’s Youtube channel, Deltec’s large position in bitcoin (BTC) has brought “a lot
- TNABC Miami’s Eighth Annual Conference Goes Virtual, Event Underscores Technology’s Important Roleby Bitcoin.com on January 16, 2021 at 9:05 am
On January 28-29, 2021, The North American Bitcoin Conference (TNABC) is preparing to kick off its eighth exhibition with another cryptocurrency and blockchain-focused event. The event organizers have lined up more speakers than ever, as this year’s TNABC is going to be 100% virtual due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. TNABC’s creators say that this
- French Programmer Sent Bitcoin Donations to Far-Right Activists Who Participated in the US Capitol Riotsby Felipe Erazo on January 16, 2021 at 7:05 am
A crypto forensic analysis reveals that a French donor sent over $500,000 worth of bitcoin (BTC) to far-right activists in the United States. The half-million dollars went to the groups that took part in the pro-Trump riots in the U.S. Capitol. Alt-Right Personalities and Websites Are Included on the List of Recipients According to Chainalysis,
- Venezuelan President Maduro Promises 2021 Will Be the Year to Boost Usage of Petroby Felipe Erazo on January 16, 2021 at 4:05 am
The Venezuelan president, Nicolás Maduro, has claimed that 2021 will be the year of the state-backed petro (PTR) token. He also promised to boost a “100% national digital economy” agenda through a “complete digitalization process.” 77% of Trade Transactions in Venezuela Are Made via Digital Solutions in Bolivar During an annual speech at the National
- $100 Swaps: Ethereum Dex Volumes Saw $39 Billion Last Month Despite ‘Insane’ Trading Feesby Jamie Redman on January 16, 2021 at 1:30 am
During the last 12 months, Ethereum-based decentralized finance (defi) solutions and decentralized exchange (dex) platforms have been very popular. Dex applications, in particular, have seen massive demand and during the last 30 days, dex trade volumes have reached $39 billion in swaps. However, one of the biggest issues confronting dex users continues to be the
CoinDesk Leader in crypto and blockchain news and information.
- Crashes, Rallies and Stimulus: A Normal Week for 2021 Bitcoinby Nathaniel Whittemore on January 16, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The second full business week of January has demonstrated many trends that NLW argues will shape bitcoin and crypto throughout the year.
- 3iQ’s Canadian Bitcoin Fund Hits C$1B in Market Capby Tanzeel Akhtar on January 16, 2021 at 12:01 am
The digital asset manager passed a key milestone this week.
- K-Pop Sensation Mamamoo to Mint Digital Collectibles on Polkadotby Muyao Shen on January 16, 2021 at 12:00 am
The popular K-Pop girl band’s parent company RBW will be selling its singers’ digital products on the blockchain.
- Kraken to Halt XRP Trading for US Residentsby Kevin Reynolds on January 15, 2021 at 10:45 pm
Clients residing outside the U.S. will be unaffected.
- Optimism ‘Soft Launches’ Ethereum Throughput Solution With DeFi’s Synthetixby William Foxley on January 15, 2021 at 10:27 pm
A potential fix for Ethereum’s costly congestion problems.