Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest news and analyses on the future of money.
- When will Bitcoin price rally end? Here is what’s backing the BTC bull runby Cointelegraph By Nikolai Kuznetsov on April 17, 2021 at 1:14 pm
Are BTC prices sustaining due to a continuous stream of good news, or is there more at play?
- You can’t talk about blockchain and not bring up CBDCs and stablecoinsby Cointelegraph By Steve Billinghurst on April 17, 2021 at 11:47 am
Economies are currently experiencing the development of brand new ideas around CBDCs, stablecoins or private digital currencies.
- Investors’ on-chain activity hints at Bitcoin price cycle top above $166,000by Cointelegraph By Chris Voehr on April 17, 2021 at 11:14 am
The Bitcoin cycle top would likely come in at price levels above $166,000 per coin if history repeats.
- NFT platforms: Going beyond marketplaces to deliver unique contentby Cointelegraph By Elena Perez on April 17, 2021 at 8:37 am
Why do artists need NTFs, and what can be done with such tokens, besides buying and selling? Here is the future of NFTs and blockchain.
- Mergers and acquisitions are rising, leaving crypto assessments in questionby Cointelegraph By Steven S. McNew on April 17, 2021 at 7:13 am
Questions around cryptocurrency assessments gain momentum, which brings some nuanced challenges in assessing crypto’s place in M&A.
Bitcoin News Daily Bitcoin News
- Kenyan Fintech Startup to Use Stablecoins to Transfer Universal Basic Income Payments to African Refugeesby Terence Zimwara on April 17, 2021 at 12:30 pm
Kotani Pay, a Kenya based digital currency on and off-ramp service provider, has entered into an agreement wherein it will enable the transfer of universal basic income (UBI) payments to African refugees. Working in conjunction with the Refugee Integration Organisation (RIO) and Impact Market, the fintech start-up, which uses the Celo blockchain, will use its
- Bank of Brazil Becomes the First State-Backed Bank to Allow Customers Exposure to a Crypto ETFby Felipe Erazo on April 17, 2021 at 5:30 am
Brazil’s first crypto ETF debut is postponed, but not because plans have failed whatsoever. The Bank of Brazil (Banco do Brasil) is now joining the bandwagon of ETF issuances, following the same steps as Bank Itaú and BTG Pactual did. New Launch Date Set for April 26 According to a letter sent by Hashdex to
- ‘Ossification Is Stupid:’ Bitcoin Development Controversy Strikes ‘Speedy Trial’ Taproot Activationby Jamie Redman on April 17, 2021 at 3:30 am
The well known software developer Luke Dashjr is in the midst of controversy over how to upgrade the Bitcoin network in order to add the Taproot protocol. Bitcoin Core developers want to upgrade with “Speedy trial,” which will allow miners to push the feature through. However, Luke Dashjr wants to upgrade in a different manner,
- Nigeria’s SEC in Talks With Central Bank of Nigeria Over Crypto Regulation— 2020 Crypto Guidelines Still Suspendedby Terence Zimwara on April 17, 2021 at 1:30 am
Nigeria’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has revealed that talks with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) regarding the regulation of cryptocurrencies are ongoing. The securities regulator also reiterated that due to a CBN directive that was issued on February 7, 2021, the crypto guidelines it issued in September 2020 remain suspended. Crypto Guidelines Set
- Miami-Dade Officials Hope to Launch a Crypto Task Force, Residents Could Pay Taxes in Bitcoin Soonby Jamie Redman on April 16, 2021 at 11:30 pm
Back in mid-February, Bitcoin.com News reported on Miami’s Mayor Francis Suarez supporting the idea of the city holding bitcoin in the treasury and allowing tax payments in bitcoin as well. On April 15, 2021, reports show that the city may introduce the tax payments concept soon, as the District 8 county commissioner Danielle Cohen Higgins