Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest news and analyses on the future of money.
- October 2020 Déjà vu? Bitcoin pullback at $38K has traders at odds over next moveby Cointelegraph By Jordan Finneseth on July 27, 2021 at 7:38 pm
Bitcoin consolidates below $38,000 following yesterday’s rally above $40,000 while altcoins give back most of their gains.
- Robinhood introduces feature aimed at protecting investors from crypto volatilityby Cointelegraph By Turner Wright on July 27, 2021 at 6:44 pm
“We’ve been doing a lot of work behind the scenes to provide our crypto customers with the functionality that they’ve been asking for,” said Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev.
- Powers On… Why the fear of ICO enforcement and liability is coming to an endby Cointelegraph By Marc Powers on July 27, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Eleven class actions against crypto firms and their founders started with a bang and will end with a whimper — as they should.
- Dash launches retail consumer app for shopping in stores across Americaby Cointelegraph By Osato Avan-Nomayo on July 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The app allows consumers to pay with Dash at over 155,000 in-store locations and 125 online retailers across the United States.
- Sen. Warren urges Treasury Secretary Yellen to combat rising crypto threatsby Cointelegraph By Sam Bourgi on July 27, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Elizabeth Warren outlined her concerns about the cryptocurrency market in a letter addressed to Janet Yellen that was obtained by CNBC.
Bitcoin News Daily Bitcoin News
- The NBA’s Cleveland Cavaliers to Collaborate With Blockchain Firm Socios.comby Jamie Redman on July 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Following the announcement from the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) Boston Celtics, the Cleveland Cavaliers has officially partnered with the blockchain firm Socios.com. The partnership is aimed at increasing the Socios brand and awareness via the Cavaliers’ global asset platform. Socios Partners With the Cavs On July 26, Socios.com and the NBA team, the Cleveland Cavaliers,
- Stacks AMM Revealed, Native Bitcoin Swaps Executed With Proof-of-Transfer Protocolby Jamie Redman on July 27, 2021 at 6:30 pm
According to a recent report, the first trust-less swap between the Bitcoin blockchain and Stacks protocol has been executed. The co-founder of the Stacks protocol, Muneeb Ali tweeted about the native bitcoin swap and said the progress is a big deal. Trust-less Native Bitcoin Swap Executed With an NFT Called ‘Boombox’ On July 23, a
- Goldman Sachs Files Defi ETF Applicationby Sergio Goschenko on July 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Goldman Sachs, one of the biggest banking institutions in the world, has filed an application to offer an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) linked to the performance of decentralized finance (defi) companies. The instrument, if approved, would help institutions and retail investors gain exposure to defi assets with the help of a regulated bank like Goldman
- Brazilian Burger King Customers Can Now Purchase Meat-Flavored Dog Biscuits With Dogecoinby Jamie Redman on July 27, 2021 at 3:30 pm
According to regional reports, the Burger King franchise in Brazil has introduced a new type of food specifically made for canines called the “Dogeppr.” The new product is a dog biscuit that canine owners can purchase for their pets and the company is accepting dogecoin crypto payments for Dogeppr purchases. Burger King Brazil Introduces the
- Bitcoin Mining Difficulty Parameter Set to Increase for the First Time in 8 Weeksby Jamie Redman on July 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Bitcoin’s hashrate has slowly crept back up between 85 exahash per second (EH/s) to 125 EH/s on July 14. The increase in hashpower has made it so the next mining difficulty change will increase for the first time in eight weeks. The four consecutive difficulty drops turned out to be the largest slide in Bitcoin’s