Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest crypto news and analyses on the future of money.
- JPEX scandal masterminds still at large as 11 suspects taken into custody: Reportby Cointelegraph By Tom Mitchelhill on September 25, 2023 at 2:42 am
Hong Kong police said the leaders of the JPEX crypto exchange are still at large and are now enlisting the help of Interpol to track them down.
- Crypto exchange Upbit stems fake APT token flood, resumes servicesby Cointelegraph By Brayden Lindrea on September 25, 2023 at 2:19 am
The newly created fake APT token called “ClaimAPTGift.com” made its way to 400,000 Aptos wallets, which was mistakenly recognized by crypto exchange Upbit as the real deal.
- From walls to wallets: Barcelona graffiti artists share their love for Bitcoinby Cointelegraph By Brayden Lindrea on September 24, 2023 at 11:12 pm
Nine months after launching, the Street Cy₿er artist collective has over 100 street artists, musicians and Bitcoin enthusiasts involved.
- Pay-to-use blockchains will never achieve mass adoptionby Cointelegraph By Jon Rice on September 24, 2023 at 8:05 pm
Blockchain projects should learn from Google and Facebook by monetizing users without directly asking for their money.
- Crypto traders shift focus to 4 altcoins as Bitcoin price flatlinesby Cointelegraph By Rakesh Upadhyay on September 24, 2023 at 4:37 pm
Bitcoin’s tight-range trading points to a potential range expansion that could trigger a trending move in LINK, MKR, ARB and THETA.
Bitcoin News Daily Bitcoin News
- Crypto Exchange Bybit Suspending Services in UK to Comply With New Regulationsby Kevin Helms on September 25, 2023 at 2:30 am
Cryptocurrency exchange Bybit is suspending services in the U.K. next month in order to comply with the new rules set by Britain’s top financial regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). “The suspension will allow the company to focus its efforts and resources to best meet the regulations outlined by the U.K. authorities in the future,”
- Venezuelan Authorities Find Grenade Launchers, Bitcoin Miners, and Even a Zoo in a National Jailby Sergio Goschenko on September 24, 2023 at 11:30 pm
Venezuelan authorities found weapons of war, a discotheque, pools, a zoo, and even a makeshift Bitcoin mining farm in a raid completed on a national jail. The raid, executed in the Tocoron National Penitentiary Center, located in the Aragua state, mobilized 11,000 military officers to take control of the center. Bitcoin Miners, Grenades, and Weapons
- Terra Classic Votes to Halt USTC Minting; Community Eyes Future Re-Pegby Jamie Redman on September 24, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Following a decisive vote by the Terra Classic community, an initiative to halt the creation of the previously termed stablecoin, terra usd (commonly referred to as UST or USTC), has been approved. Despite 40.56% opposition, 59.42% of the vote gave the nod for the software update. Minting Freeze for USTC Approved USTC, which sits at
- NFT Sales Doldrums: 30-Day Plunge Sees 34% Decline Amidst Chilling Digital Collectible Sector by Jamie Redman on September 24, 2023 at 7:30 pm
Fresh data indicates a continuing decline in non-fungible token sales, dipping 3.2% in the last week and plummeting 34% over the past month. As September nears its end with six days remaining, NFT sales have tallied up to $341.37 million since August 24. NFT Sales Still Can’t Escape Crypto Winter’s Wrath This September, over the
- Diminished Activity, L2 Migration Push Ethereum to Turn Inflationaryby Jamie Redman on September 24, 2023 at 5:30 pm
Recently, Ethereum has seen a shift towards inflation, sparked by a dip in network activity and onchain fees. Data reveals that, with decreased activity and lower fees, Ethereum’s inflation rate stands at 0.270%. The decline in overall activity and people transitioning to layer two (L2) networks has notably curtailed base fee burning. From Deflation to