Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest news and analyses on the future of money.
- ‘I have nothing’: Imprisoned John McAfee claims his crypto fortune is goneby Cointelegraph By Brian Quarmby on June 17, 2021 at 3:23 am
John McAfee asserted in an extradition hearing in Spain that the tax evasion charges aimed against him are politically motivated.
- Indonesia’s central bank marshals staff to enforce crypto payments banby Cointelegraph By Samuel Haig on June 17, 2021 at 3:11 am
Indonesia’s central bank is sending supervisors out to ensure local financial institutions aren’t defying the nationwide ban of crypto payments this bull season.
- Pantera CEO: Crypto market ‘panic’ is subsiding, now’s the time to buyby Cointelegraph By Martin Young on June 17, 2021 at 2:18 am
The Pantera boss cited three primary reasons why crypto markets dumped a trillion dollars in market cap.
- CNN selling historic news ‘moments’ as NFTsby Cointelegraph By Brian Quarmby on June 17, 2021 at 12:38 am
CNN will drop NFTs depicting historic moments such as space travel, technological advancements, and presidential elections.
- Alchemix patches ‘Reverse Rug’ exploit, address $6.5 million shortfallby Cointelegraph By Andrew Thurman on June 16, 2021 at 11:58 pm
In an unusual twist for the latest DeFi exploit, the users were the ones to walk away in profit.
Bitcoin News Daily Bitcoin News
- Korean Exchanges Delist High-risk Coins as They Face Tough Regulationsby Lubomir Tassev on June 17, 2021 at 4:00 am
Crypto trading platforms in South Korea are delisting certain digital currencies as they move to comply with stricter rules for the industry. The trading of some high-risk coins has been either halted or completely suspended on several Korean exchanges this week. South Korean Exchanges Wipe Trading Lists of Risky Digital Assets Trying to meet Seoul’s
- Bank of America Survey: Most Fund Managers Say Bitcoin Is a Bubble, Inflation Is Transitoryby Kevin Helms on June 17, 2021 at 2:30 am
The latest Bank of America’s Global Fund Manager Survey shows that “long bitcoin” is now the second most crowded trade. Moreover, most fund managers believe bitcoin is in a bubble and agree with the Fed that inflation is transitory. Bank of America’s June Fund Manager Survey Bank of America (BofA) released its June Global Fund
- Central American Bank for Economic Integration to Help El Salvador Implement Bitcoin as Legal Tenderby Kevin Helms on June 17, 2021 at 1:00 am
The Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI), which has 15 member countries, will help El Salvador implement bitcoin as legal tender. The CABEI president has expressed his support. “We’re very optimistic,” he said. Central American Bank for Economic Integration Supports El Salvador’s Bitcoin Law The head of the Central American Bank for Economic Integration
- General Motors CEO: ‘Nothing Precludes GM From Accepting Bitcoin if There’s Consumer Demand’by Kevin Helms on June 16, 2021 at 11:30 pm
The CEO of General Motors (GM), America’s largest automaker, says that nothing precludes her company from accepting bitcoin if there is consumer demand for it. “Certainly, we want to make the whole buying and ownership experience as easy as possible,” said the GM chief executive. GM Will Accept Bitcoin if There’s Demand, CEO Indicates Mary
- Fed Expects 2 Rate Hikes in 2023, Stock Market Plunges, Powell Anticipates Higher Inflationby Jamie Redman on June 16, 2021 at 10:30 pm
The Federal Reserve on Wednesday told the public that it has forwarded the time frame for raising interest rates. “Progress on vaccinations will likely continue to reduce the effects of the public health crisis on the economy, but risks to the economic outlook remain,” the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) said in a statement. The