Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest news and analyses on the future of money.
- Targeted phishing scam nets $438K in crypto and NFTs from hacked Beeple accountby Cointelegraph By Jesse Coghlan on May 23, 2022 at 3:46 am
Links posted to a fake Louis Vuitton non-fungible token (NFT) raffle were made to capitalize on a recent real collaboration between Beeple and the luxury fashion brand.
- Interest in Ethereum Name Service reaching ‘critical mass’by Cointelegraph By Brian Newar on May 23, 2022 at 3:15 am
The latest metrics on new registrations and renewals of existing domains on ENS show that interest in the digital identity service has shattered previous records.
- Top 5 cryptocurrencies to watch this week: BTC, BNB, XMR, ETC, MANAby Cointelegraph By Rakesh Upadhyay on May 22, 2022 at 8:09 pm
BTC price continues to encounter selling pressure, but a brief rally or the start of consolidation could lead to sharp gains in BNB, XMR, ETC and MANA.
- What is total value locked (TVL) in crypto and why does it matter?by Cointelegraph By Emi Lacapra on May 22, 2022 at 7:00 pm
DeFi participants must be aware of the total value locked (TVL) indicator.Find out here what it is, how it is calculated and why it matters in DeFi.
- Dollar Cost Averaging or Lump-sum: Which Bitcoin strategy works best regardless of price?by Cointelegraph By Yashu Gola on May 22, 2022 at 2:25 pm
A dollar invested into Bitcoin every month since December 2017 has provided investors a cumulative return of $160.
Bitcoin News Daily Bitcoin News
- Swiss Watchmaker TAG Heuer Now Accepts Cryptocurrency in USby Lubomir Tassev on May 23, 2022 at 4:00 am
Luxury watch manufacturer TAG Heuer announced it’s introducing online cryptocurrency payments for customers in the United States. The Swiss company provides the new payment option through a partnership with crypto payment processor Bitpay. Tag Heuer Partners With Bitpay to Offer US Clients Bitcoin Payments Designer and maker of luxury timepieces TAG Heuer is now accepting
- Bitmex Co-Founder Arthur Hayes Avoids Prison for Violating US Bank Secrecy Actby Kevin Helms on May 23, 2022 at 2:00 am
Bitmex co-founder Arthur Hayes is not going to prison for violating the U.S. Bank Secrecy Act. Instead, the former crypto exchange CEO has been sentenced to “six months of home detention and two years of probation.” Hayes has agreed to pay a fine of $10 million. Bitmex’s Arthur Hayes Sentenced The U.S. Department of Justice
- CFTC Chairman Confirms Bitcoin, Ether Are Commoditiesby Kevin Helms on May 23, 2022 at 12:00 am
The chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) says he is certain bitcoin and ether are commodities. He outlined how his agency is working with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to regulate the crypto sector, noting that “there are no customer protections right now in the crypto market.” Bitcoin and Ether
- Russian Appellate Court Cancels Decision to Block Tor Project’s Websiteby Lubomir Tassev on May 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
A court of appeals in Russia has overturned a ruling by a regional court which allowed the blocking of the Tor Project’s website in the country. Due to violations during the initial proceedings, the case has been returned to the court of the first instance for another review. Roskomsvoboda Helps Cancel the Blocking of Tor
- So-Called ‘Pharma Bro’ Martin Shkreli Turns ‘Crypto Bro’ — ‘I Started Using Uniswap in Prison’by Jamie Redman on May 22, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Following his release from prison, the former hedge fund manager and convicted felon, Martin Shkreli, discussed cryptocurrencies and using the decentralized exchange (dex) platform Uniswap from a federal penitentiary. The so-called ‘Pharma Bro’ further explained that eventually, a crypto entity could dethrone some of the largest banking giants. Martin Shkreli Talks Defi and Cryptocurrencies Martin